Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Death Snoops (Poetic Prose)



Death Snoops

Death appeared out of nowhere, said
“I am unknowing, it is finished, and it is time to move away from the sun towards the shadow lands.”
I said, “I want to speak to the devil first?”
He asked, “Why?” And I mumbled,
“I want to know about God,” and Death laughed, and said,
“I could take you now!”
But he hesitated, he was snooping, I think, waiting to find out more about me. Then death said,
“I haven’t got time; I got things to do….”
And I said, “Then annul it!”
He looked at me with those big dark eyes, said in a rustic voice,
“Is it not that, not to know what to believe in, is to suffer? Or is it, when Death visits one on that day, vivid as I am, it becomes a fearful, and suffocating task?” And Death added, “It is the same for all, many have tried to out wit me, but they forget I am a betrayer, and I out trick them.”

#2346 (4-3-2008)

Note on Death: I do believe, death has its own personality, and besides being a thing, it is a person, and there are places where one goes, yes, death has its maze, one could say. Death has its squad as well, and it has its angels, the good and the bad. You may ask, “Why must we die?” It is simply falling to sleep and waking up in a new world order, what is perhaps nerving is where are we going to exist next? Heaven, Hell, the grave, the fire, the frozen lands. Does not our proper reasoning tell us we will exist again—someplace? I think so, and so we leave the only world we know, to a new existence we have heard about. It sounds to me often times but a simple jump from one to the other. The sad part is you live a world that is perhaps worse off than when you arrived. The good part is, you go to another adventure.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home