Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Two Poems: "If God were God" & "The Missing Page"

If God were God
((God’s Zodiac) (a Pseudepigrapha, poem))



Can God not make rain, morning and night?
If He so desires?
Are not the stars and the moon and the sun
In His hands—?
Does not God allow the spring to come and
Deprive the north winds to blow?
Does God not hear petitions and prayers?
(for rain and harvests?)
I mean, is he not the living God?
If God were God, we need no Zodiac; if He
Is not, who we claim him to be…?
Then man would do well to read
The Heavens in His place,
For prayer would no longer be
Necessary...!


No: 2606 4-29-2009
The Missing Page
(And the ugly angels)

Their faces were like leopards
Their tusks outside of their mouths
Like wild boars,
Their eyes circled with blood
Their hair like a woman’s
Fiery plagues in their hands
When I saw them, I feared
For my life…!
They were locked behind
Bronze gates and bolts
And iron bars
Fire was cast forth some
Fifty feet…!
There now stood before me
The angle called the Lionesses
Teeth like of a bear’s
Hair spread out like a woman’s
Body like a serpent’s
And it wished to swallow me!
Behind me now was a sea
Of flames…!
Eremiel appeared, ruler over the
Abyss and Hades,
He was the one who imprisoned
The souls of those at the end
Of the Great Flood!
“You are in Hades!” his echo
Told me.
“I am the prosecuting attorney,
The accuser of man
Before the Lord!”
I read his manuscript in
My own language…here was
All my sins, aggressions!
I wanted to rip it up
Then I ascended from Hades,
An angelic hand reached down
And pulled me up
He also had a manuscript
In hand, and a ring,
with the seal of the Lord,
upon his index finger
(it covered all languages)
He said, “Your name was found
On a missing page,” he had
Discovered just in the nick
Of time.

No: 2608 4-29-2009

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home